I.Weigh.What?

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Thankful For My Mom!

Yesterday was my friend, Natalie's funeral and it totally broke my heart to see that her little son was so afraid to go close to his mom's casket. His thinking was that if he does not go any closer he will not have to remember her lying there ;-(

I now have a headache which I know was as a result of being so worked up yesterday. You try your best not to break down in front of the children but sometimes you just have to say...'to hell with it' and let it all out.

One thing I know she would have been pleased about is the fact that there was so much support for her husband and children. Her kids classmates came out in their numbers and really supported them. It brought even more tears to the adults present eyes to see how the children hugged and held on to their classmates to give them such strong moral support. Children can be so loving!

I do hope that the support and love continue to be shown to those kids because as the days and months go by there'll be times when they are going to miss her so. much.

3 Comments:

  • At May 03, 2006 2:57 PM, Blogger Wendy said…

    Roses I am sending you big huge hugs from way over here in WI. In time things will get better. I am praying for your family and her family. XOXOX

    ~ Wendy

     
  • At May 03, 2006 2:59 PM, Blogger Patty said…

    Aww bringing tears to my eyes, kids can be awesome in times of sadness.....sending hugs, love and strength all the way from Michigan to you and their family...

     
  • At May 03, 2006 3:02 PM, Blogger Sassy said…

    Awww I'm tearing up...It's so sad but it's nice that those children have the support of such loving family and friends. Sending hugs your way hun! Thanks for calling today...it was nice to hear your voice! Muah! Love ya!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home