I.Weigh.What?

Friday, April 07, 2006

Is It Love?

My female best friend (I have male and female.lol) oldest brother is married for 13 years now. Unfortunately, he and his wife does not have any children due to a problem she has. He comes from a very large family of 6 brothers and 6 sisters so I guess you can say that he has parenthood coming out of his ears.lol

However the issue is that he wanted a child and he went and had one with one of his co-workers. The wife was very upset and disappointed at the time and understandable so since she would have loved to have a child. Anyway she decided that she is going to stay with him because she understood his need for a child and so she welcomed the baby whenever he brought it to the house; she does have a problem though with him going to the childs house and spending hours on end because she said he opens himself to the possibility of another child. I'm in total agreement with her on that but he insists that he is looking out for his child and he wants to be a part of his life.

My question is......can a man still love his wife and still have an 'outside' family as it were? My reason for asking this is that i've been married for 17 years and the daughter that we have we adopted her as a 6 week old baby and I dont know how I would handle it if my husband tells me he wants another child but he wants to father it himself. My friends brother insists that he still loves his wife and he will not leave her for anyone but I still say that the wife is the one who gets the raw end of that deal. A man can reproduce any time in his life and we cannot and when you go out because your wife cannot give you a child that has to hurt so bad.

4 Comments:

  • At April 08, 2006 1:54 AM, Blogger Sassy said…

    Wow. I can certainly understand the man's desire to want a child...but to go and have one with another woman? Wowaaaaa. No way would I put up with that. He betrayed his wife and that is a decision that he and his wife should have discussed (to have a child). He left her with not much for options since he went ahead and had a baby with someone else. They could have adopted. I think that hubby is a cad for doing that to his wife. I'm sure her desire to have a child may be as strong as his but she didn't go off and make babies with somone else or adopt with another man. My heart goes out to that wife. Her husband was selfish in what he did. Just my HO. Hugs.....Sassy xo

     
  • At April 09, 2006 1:06 AM, Blogger Karen Bodkin said…

    I'm sorry but that is NOT kosher with me for one second - I couldn't handle that. What a bunch of hooey!

     
  • At April 10, 2006 8:50 AM, Blogger mzthang said…

    I'm sure she would have felt better if they had adopted a child together than he going off and have one.

    I think that he was totally selfish too.

     
  • At April 23, 2007 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very nice site! »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home