I.Weigh.What?

Friday, April 21, 2006

Sickness & Eventual Death

No matter how much you try to prepare yourself for the death of a loved one or friend it still hits you hard when it finally happen. I'm grieving right now for 3 wonderful children who lost their mom to colon cancer 3 days ago. All the while she though she had fibroids because her stomach kept getting bigger and bigger and I guess she was scared too to have an operation knowing that she may not live to see her kids grow up. Unfortunately her biggest fear happened and it was not because of fibroids.

She developed fluid in her stomach which they had to pump (not a good sign) the her blood count kept dropping even though she is taking all sorts of supliments and juices to build it. So being from a poor family she was scared knowing that she did not have the money to an operation but a few of us got together and got lots more persons involved by getting her an airline ticked and enough money to pay for a hospital stay in NY. However upon opening her the surgeons realized that she had colon cancer so advanced that it was resting on her uterus (that's why she looked 7 months pregnant) that it had already spread to her other vital organs. She died a few hours after the operation.

I'm hurting so much for her children because they are such sweet kids. I just wish I had alot of money and a big house to take in kids like those who lose their mom. Their ages are 11, 14 & 17. I was 35 yrs old when my mom died and I felt so lost much less to these kids who are still in school. The oldest boy is trying to be strong for his sister and little brother but it is only a matter of time before it all hits him like a ton of bricks because to him she is just away seeking medical help but I know when the bring her body back here he is going to be beside himself with grief knowing that his mom is gone.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home